MARY ANN WEAKLEY, author, speaker
My memoir MONASTERY TO MATRIMONY, A Woman’s Journey, tells the story of twenty years of my life in a convent, and the heart-wrenching decison to leave.
Monastery to Matrimony, A Woman’s Journey, a memoir, published July, 2014 by Balboa Press, a division of HAY HOUSE PUBLISHING in California.
Monastery to Matrimony won a 2nd Place Award in the Florida Writers Association competition, ROYAL PALM LITERARY AWARDS. Winners were announced and awards received at the FWA Conference Banquet October 25, 2014 in Lake Mary/Orlando, FL. So exciting to win such recognition for my first book.
- My story, “Face of a Nun” appears in the anthology, Gathering, Writers of Williamson County, 2009, CPO Publishing.
- I wrote and published a newsletter, Collective Connection, for writers for four years.
- I wrote two columns for The Informer Community News, Spring Hill, TN: “Profiles,” about published authors, and “Decorating Made Easy.”
Read my personal stories of survival on the WRITINGS page.
- I survived a tornado when only seven. Read Story
- I survived starting over after twenty years in a convent. Read Story
- I am a breast cancer survivor since age sixty-two. Read Story
Don’t miss the video from my appearance on the Christian Television Network. Arthelene Rippy host of the HOMEKEEPERS show interviewed me on October 1, 2014. Click link:
A video filmed at my home capsulizes my memoir. It is featured on YouTube. Click the link to view. http://youtu.be/RivzHTXtUVU
Visit my SCHEDULE page to follow me.
TO ORDER BOOKS : Go to CONTACT PAGE