Welcome to my website and blog.
I am a writer.
My memoir MONASTERY TO MATRIMONY, A Woman’s Journey, tells the story of twenty years of my life in a convent, and the heart-wrenching decison to leave.
Mary Ann Weakley has written about a journey grounded in faith, hope, and love. It is a unique and deeply personal account–but every reader will relate to elements of her story. John Seigenthaler, Founder, First Amendment Center
- Monastery to Matrimony, A Woman’s Journey, a memoir, published July, 2014 by Balboa Press, a division of HAY HOUSE PUBLISHING in California.
Latest Breaking News!!! Monastery to Matrimony won a 2nd Place Award in the Florida Writers Association competition, ROYAL PALM LITERARY AWARDS. Winners were announced and awards received at the FWA Conference Banquet October 25 in Lake Mary/Orlando, FL. So exciting to win such recognition for my first book.
- My story, “Face of a Nun” appears in the anthology, Gathering, Writers of Williamson County, 2009, CPO Publishing.
- I wrote and published a newsletter, Collective Connection, for writers for four years.
- I wrote two columns for The Informer Community News, Spring Hill, TN: “Profiles,” about published authors, and “Decorating Made Easy.”
Read my personal stories of survival on the WRITINGS page.
- I survived a tornado when only seven. Read Story
- I survived starting over after twenty years in a convent. Read Story
- I am a breast cancer survivor since age sixty-two. Read Story
Visit my SCHEDULE page to follow me.
Don’t miss the video from my appearance on the Christian Television Network. Arthelene Rippy host of the HOMEKEEPERS show interviewed me on October 1, 2014. http://www.hisvision.com/video/38356/homekeepers-mary-ann-weakley-quotmonastery-to-matrimony-quot-/
TO ORDER BOOKS : Go to CONTACT PAGE