Welcome to my website and blog.
I am a writer.
My memoir MONASTERY TO MATRIMONY, A Woman’s Journey, tells the story of twenty years of my life in a convent, and the heart-wrenching decison to leave.
Mary Ann Weakley has written about a journey grounded in faith, hope, and love. It is a unique and deeply personal account–but every reader will relate to elements of her story. John Seigenthaler, Founder, First Amendment Center
- Monastery to Matrimony, A Woman’s Journey, a memoir, published July, 2014 by Balboa Press, a division of HAY HOUSE.
Breaking News!!! Monastery to Matrimony has been selected as a FINALIST in the Florida Writers Association competition, ROYAL PALM LITERARY AWARDS. Announcement of winners will be in October at the FWA annual conference.
- My story, “Face of a Nun” appears in the anthology, Gathering, Writers of Williamson County, 2009, CPO Publishing.
- I wrote and published a newsletter, Collective Connection, for writers for four years.
- I wrote two columns for The Informer Community News, Spring Hill, TN: “Profiles,” about published authors, and “Decorating Made Easy.”
Curiosity drives my search for learning. I can get lost in researching a person, event, place, opportunity, or idea. Curiosity moves my life forward.
Satisfy your sense of curiosity by reading my personal stories of survival on the WRITINGS page.
- I survived a tornado when only seven. Read Story
- I survived starting over after twenty years in a convent. Read Story
- I am a breast cancer survivor since age sixty-two. Read Story
Visit my BLOG to follow my journey of writing, publishing, and promoting my first book.
Read my bio on the ABOUT MARY ANN page.
Visit my SCHEDULE page to follow me.
Don’t miss the video from my appearance on the Christian Television Network. Arthelene Rippy host of the HOMEKEEPERS show interviewed me on October 1, 2014. http://www.hisvision.com/video/38356/homekeepers-mary-ann-weakley-quotmonastery-to-matrimony-quot-/
ORDER BOOKS : Go to CONTACT PAGE